Home > HS Academics > Technology
Immaculate Heart offers students many opportunities to use technology, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Bring Your Own Device - High School students may use their own device to connect to our wireless network on campus.
- iPads in the Middle School - IH Middle School is on a 1:1 iPad program. Classes are all interactive & most textbooks are available in a digital format.
- Interactive Whiteboards - All classrooms in the high school and middle school have interactive whiteboards, either a SmartBoard or an Epson Projection system. Additionally, classrooms also have document cameras and wireless writing devices.
- Email - Google provides our email service as well as document sharing, calendars and additional resources.
- Video Camera Access - Students may check out video cameras for projects.
- NetClassroom - Students and their parents may access their schedules, assignments, grades and transcript (unofficial) all from NetClassroom.
- Family Connection - Students can plan out their college years using this online search system customized for IH students.
Library Resource Center
The library has over 50 Internet connected computers available for daily student use from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm as well as two laptop carts with 60 computers. Students can use our educational databases (listed below) to conduct research for their class projects. Our three librarians are always available to assist students with their projects. The library staff works closely with classroom teachers to coordinate resources so that students have the best possible information tailored to their needs. Additionally, we offer a laptop cart with 50 devices available for additional checkout when needed.
LibGuides IH LibGuides
is a valuable resource for teachers and students.They are specially prepared portals for students to begin their online searches that guide them to legitimate sites with reliable information. LibGuides give students the research tools they will likely
use in college (LibGuides is the most popular research guides platform
at college and universities).
Computer Labs and Mobile Carts
In addition to two computers labs in the library, we also offer a Macintosh lab located in the visual arts department. Classes regularly use these labs for projects, homework and other research throughout the day.
We have two computer carts in the library with 50 laptops available for checkout during classes. We also have two mobile laptop carts in the science center that students regularly use in the classroom for projects. Teachers can easily utilize these mobile carts at any time in their lessons without having to move classes to the labs. Students can research, write, edit and collaborate directly in the classroom.
An additional cart is located in the foreign language/Theology departments. There, students use the laptops to record their voices, create online video animation and work collaboratively on presentations using Google Docs.
We also have two laptop carts in the middle school that are used by all students. With the bring your own device program, students have many ways to access the Internet daily.
All classrooms on campus are equipped with multimedia equipment for showing the Internet, student projects, videos and other educational material. Every classroom has a SmartBoard or interactive projector installed with touchscreen capabilities. Additionally, the science and math departments use Senteo Quiz units which interact with the SmartBoards to give instant feedback on quizzes, review and other class materials. We also provide Elmo document cameras for use in all disciplines.
Software Used on Campus:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office 2010 including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
- Adobe Design CS3 and Adobe Web Design CS3 including Illlustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash
- Geometer Sketchpad
A dynamic geometry construction and exploration tool. The software allows students to examine geometry in a visual, creative way.
- Google Apps
Students and faculty use the education edition of Google Apps to document-share, research and communicate.
Online Resources:eLibrary - General reference database with access to hundreds of full-text magazines and newspapers, along with newswires, books, transcripts and thousands of pictures and maps updated daily.
- a powerful online reference system accessible via the Internet. EBSCO Host's database boasts thousands of publications with access to millions of full text and primary source documents.Discovery Education
- a source for research, including over 80,000 concept-level video clips, virtual labs, interactives, and audio files.Britannica Online
Online School Edition K-12 gives instant access to
four complete encyclopedias ,thousands of magazine and journal articles from EBSCO
, an Internet
Guide with editor-selected Web sites chosen for their relevancy and educational
value, teacher resources, videos, multimedia, interactive lessons, and
thousands of images and illustrations